Club History

The Club was started in the year 1979 within Stirling. The club had many venues for a few years until it’s current QTH in 1985. See pictures below of the club from over the years:

Along with the history of the club there is also a history to the club call-sign which dates back before the club. The Callsign GM6NX was first used in 1920’s -30’s and the first public record of this was in the local paper “Advertiser” in Stirling 1937.

News Article 1937 Full Article Can be found at https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/36375238